Real estate agencies enable you to sell your house fast. That’s because they have many contacts in the property market. They ensure that they list your home in various platforms. However, you need to have quick questions to ask these real estate agencies.
How they answer them should determine whether to hire them or not. This guide offers you 6 questions that you should ask real estate agencies in the United Kingdom. They are:
How Much Are Your Charges?
- Real estate companies charge commissions when they sell or buy a house. They base them on the total selling amount of your home. That means you need to get ready to bargain for the best rates.
Are There Any Hidden Costs?
- Avoid rushing into signing contracts. That’s because some real estate agencies tend to have hidden costs. Keep in mind that they will have to shoot photos of your home and put up sales signs.
- You should consider covering for these expenses to save your money.
Which Platforms Will You Use To Market My House?
- Platforms are where you separate real estate agencies with experience and beginners. You should make sure they advertise using both online platforms and print media. That’s because many people nowadays look for quick house sales on the internet.
What Type Is Your Contract?
You should be careful on what kind of contract you sign. That’s because there are several when it comes to selling your house. They include:
- Sole Selling Rights
They mean that it’s only the real estate agency that will sell your home, even if you happen to find a willing buyer. It also means that if you find a buyer, you will still have to pay the agent their commissions.
- Ready, Able and Wiling Purchaser
Think twice about accepting this contract. That’s because you will have to pay these agencies, even if you reverse your decision to sell your house.
- Sole Agency
Similar to sole selling, it has the advantage that if you find a willing buyer, you won’t have to pay the real estate agency commissions.
Can I Terminate My Contract With You If Unhappy?
- This question is crucial. That’s because both high-end real estate companies and beginners include the tie in period. It means that you cannot terminate your contract with them within a specified period.
- You should make sure you sign contracts that have flexibility plans. Consider those that do not lock you for more than 6 weeks; that’s including the notice period.
Will I Incur Future Liability?
- You may want to terminate your contacts with real estate agencies, for example, out of delays in selling your home. You then approach another real estate company that sells your home within two weeks.
- However, your first real estate agency approaches you asking for their commissions, arguing that they introduced to you the buyer. This scenario should make you ask about their future liability policies.
Hiring a real estate agency should be easier using the above guide. In our case, we buy any house that exceeds it sell by date. That’s because we have various ways of selling your property, including auctions.